About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Goodbye 2009.... Thank God.


I am always thankful for another minute, another day, another year... but looking back at 2009, it makes me wonder, where are we headed people? I know there are many out there who contribute towards a more positive vision of the future, the problem is, I don't see them! All I see is the worst of society, displayed at the forefront like the best.

I'm so tired of Celeb-Reality shows -- I don't give a damn who loves Ray-J or who Paris Hilton's new BFF is... and given our current state of afairs as a global nation, I think it's time more people started caring about reality instead of reality TV.

If I hear one more song about some girl's ass, or who has the freshest car, or chain, or house, I think I might just jump off the biggest cliff I can find..... AND THEN shoot myself. You can't take it with you people... I highly doubt that God is gonna ask you what kind of car you drove or what your credit score was when you reach the pearly gates. Maybe it's time to think about what God WILL be asking you, and ask yourself, will you have the answer?

In the words of one of the few artists who I actually still respect, Amel Larrieux, is there nothing sacred anymore... when celebrities are deified and we're still calling some countries third world? We have ALL got to wake up and look ahead... the present only lasts while its here, but the future is always looming. Where will this road of oblivious anti-intellectualism, and excessive over consumption lead us? The Roman Empire springs to mind.... We are staring at our demise, everytime we look at a TV instead of the real world, or play a video game instead of going outside and playing, or look to celebrities as though they are the coolest people in the world, when in fact the coolest people are the ones who are out there making changes in the world WITHOUT celebrity status.

Michael Jackson had it right... This Is It people! This is our chance to come rallying back, to show ourselves and the rest of the world that we do stand for something besides self destruction. Let's make 2010 the year that we change as individuals, and as a nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment